US-31/M-37 (Division Street) open house
WHAT: Members of the community are invited to participate in the second public open house session for the Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) process for the 1.2 miles of US-31/M-37 (Division Street) in Traverse City, from 14th Street/Silver Lake Road to Grandview Parkway.
The data complied to date (traffic and safety, environmental, etc.), and an updated constraints map will be presented. Residents also will have an opportunity to comment on the draft purpose and need.
WHO: Interested residents, business owners, commuters
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014, 4 - 7 p.m.
WHERE: Munson Medical Center Main Entrance, REMEC Meeting Room, 1105 Sixth St., Traverse City
Special accommodations: 231-941-1986
BACKGROUND: The Division Street PEL process is a collaborative and integrated approach to select future transportation improvements and includes:
- Engaging the community, stakeholders, and resource agencies.
- Considering environmental, community and economic goals early in the process.
- Using the information, analysis and products that already have been and will be developed during the process to inform the environmental review process.
- Developing a purpose and need.
- Creating alternatives for the corridor that will have the least impact on the historic, cultural, environmental, and residential areas.
- Looking at the feasibility of each alternative, working towards the preferred alternative and what fits the road and the community.
For more information, contact James Lake, MDOT Office of Communications, at 989-732-3832, ext. 343, or firstname.lastname@example.org