Win tickets for Harvest@theCommons
- Mark Coe: Having had the oppertunity to present at a local school with Meghan and Leanna, supporting the work Food Corps does is a wonderful thing. They provide a learning oppertunity to our children in agricu...
- Linda Hutchinson: Great! Having been raised on a farm, near Arcadia, I wish my dad who was a Farmer's Market regular in the 60's, 70's and 80's, was here to be involved in the "farm to table" and "local food" initiati...
- Dale Scheiern: It is easy to store and enjoy all winter long too!! Take 1 qt. freezer bags, fill to the point they will lay fairly flat ( not rounded) so they stack easily in the freezer. Local fruit all winter lo...
- Sharron May, The May Farm: You are correct if you are referring to industrial monocultures of animal or plant agriculture which are extractive, organic or not. Fortunately there are small farms pioneering more regenerative prac...
- LillyM: I've been fortunate enough to meet and work with Lianna and hope to meet Meghan. Every FoodCorps volunteer I have met over the years has been incredible. A phenomenal organization with dedicated and...
Those of us fortunate enough to live in northern Michigan share a deep connection to the land and the water, to our farms and main streets, to our rivers and lakes, and to each other.
For nearly 20 years, the Michigan Land Use Institute has been working to protect and nurture the defining assets that make this place so special. It is a mission shared with the community, advanced with an understanding that we are all working together for something larger than ourselves.
On October 11, MLUI will present Harvest@theCommons, a community farm-to-table event that will feature the best ingredients northern Michigan has to offer.
You are invited! Not only to the event, but to help generate a buzz about all the good work this community is doing. The task is simple:
Post a photo of your favorite northern Michigan person, place, or thing
End your post with #LoveThisPlace, and you could win tickets for yourself and a guest to attend Harvest@theCommons*!
We welcome each of you join us to celebrate the values that unite us and keep us moving toward a stronger, healthier, more resilient community. For more information about Harvest@theCommons or to purchase tickets, please visit mlui.org/harvest.
*One pair of tickets will be up for grabs per week between September 9 and October 9. Winners will be determined by a panel of MLUI staffers and will be announced each Monday. This giveaway is not associated with, run by, or negotiated by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and MLUI is solely responsible for the results of the contest.