New Look for MLUI.org
New format makes it easier to follow our work
MLUI News | August 8, 2012 | By James Russell
- Kenneth A.,: "Clean Energy" is Progressive Double Speak for taxpayer subsidized National Socialists pandering in the Lansing bubble for reams of OUR private wealth by statutory decree. The Federal Energy Securi...
- Christine Pardee: Michigan needs to be a leader in clean energy policy based on factual information. As we rebuild our economy. let our growth be based on energy policy that will be good for our future! ...
- Mike Tiedeck: A free market conservative culture embraces "creative destruction". This means that old, inefficient, polluting industries and power systems are inevitably doomed. Our state can be a leader in energ...
- Rob DeLay: Green roof projects for Michigan must include opportunities for individual homeowners,not just multi-home landholders. In particular, benefits and loan opps for farmers should be a high priority. Just...
- Sad but True: This gas plant in Holland is a good thing, but it is also should be a reminder that energy is complicated and requires a mix of generation assets. The real sad thing is that we as a country allowed t...
Don’t worry, you’re at the right place.
Things look at little different here at MLUI.org. We redesigned the site to improve how you, our loyal readers, access and follow our work. We know change is never easy, but we hope you find the new site a little easier on the eyes.
If you need some help navigating the new site, here are some of the changes you may notice as you work your way around our virtual neighborhood:
The site is broken down into four different areas, each with its own content: MLUI “Home,” which details our overall work and highlights some of our bigger projects; and the three program areas—Clean Energy, Food and Farming and Thriving Communities. Each section includes its own pages for projects, events and “News and Views.”
News and Views
Our online news coverage is no longer separated into “Our Voices” or “Our Journalism.” Instead, all our important work covering the issues that matter most to Michigan communities are listed under “News and Views” for each program. The articles are further categorized by project area, keyword and author, making it easy to find what you’re looking for.
RSS feeds are also available for all our News and Views articles, as well by individual program area. Copy and paste the URLs into your favorite RSS reader.
- MLUI News and Views
- Clean Energy News and Views
- Food and Farming News and Views
- Thriving Communities News and Views
Taste the Local Difference
The Taste The Local Difference food guide now resides on our main site rather than under a separate URL. You’ll find easy links to a searchable guide in the Food and Farming section.
We’ve made it easier for visitors to get involved. “Take Action” highlights some of the best ways to make a difference and support our work, including tips on how to organize, lobby and communicate your mission with the press.
Our donation pages now use PayPal, the popular and safe way to transfer money online. As with any redesign, we’re sure there will be a few glitches that need to be sorted out. If you have any comments or questions, don’t hesitate to let us know at email@example.com.
In the meantime, happy browsing!
James “JR” Russell