Introducing intern Rebecca Fisher
Haverford student will work on MLUI communications
MLUI News | June 2, 2014 | By Rebecca Fisher
- Kenneth A.,: "Clean Energy" is Progressive Double Speak for taxpayer subsidized National Socialists pandering in the Lansing bubble for reams of OUR private wealth by statutory decree. The Federal Energy Securi...
- Christine Pardee: Michigan needs to be a leader in clean energy policy based on factual information. As we rebuild our economy. let our growth be based on energy policy that will be good for our future! ...
- Mike Tiedeck: A free market conservative culture embraces "creative destruction". This means that old, inefficient, polluting industries and power systems are inevitably doomed. Our state can be a leader in energ...
- Rob DeLay: Green roof projects for Michigan must include opportunities for individual homeowners,not just multi-home landholders. In particular, benefits and loan opps for farmers should be a high priority. Just...
- Sad but True: This gas plant in Holland is a good thing, but it is also should be a reminder that energy is complicated and requires a mix of generation assets. The real sad thing is that we as a country allowed t...
|Haverford student Rebecca Fisher will be interning with MLUI's communications department this summer.|
Hello MLUI community! My name is Rebecca Fisher and I am going to be spending the summer here in Traverse City interning for the Michigan Land Use Institute. I’m originally from the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia, and I’m a rising sophomore at Haverford College, located just outside of the city. I’m studying Political Science with a concentration in Peace, Justice and Human Rights. While I am not majoring in languages, I am currently studying French and Italian and have taken Spanish in the past. Languages and traveling are huge passions of mine.
At Haverford you’ll find me running around campus with the varsity cross country and track teams, or taking pictures for the communications office with a group called photocorps. My other on campus job is working with the development office. I’m also part of the Freshmen Dean Council that works with the first-year dean to improve the first year experience. This fall, I’ll also be working with the class of 2018 on the freshmen orientation team.
I am very excited to be involved with the Michigan Land Use Institute. What originally attracted me to MLUI were their goals towards creating sustainable communities. Their programs of increasing smart commuting, promoting local foods and farming, and supporting clean energy all appealed to me as concrete ways to build a sustainable culture. I’m also looking forward to working on my writing skills and getting to know an area of the county I’ve never had the opportunity to be in.
Building off of that, I am excited to explore and see some of the beautiful scenery that Traverse City and the surrounding area has to offer. I look forward to biking and running some of the great trails and just in general getting to know the community and spending the summer outside.
I’m very excited for the next 8 weeks and can’t wait to see what is yet to come!
966 days ago, 9:56am | by Cormac | Report Comment
Excited to see you grow and learn!
966 days ago, 11:46am | by Ben | Report Comment
Sounds great, Rebecca! Excited to learn more about MLUI, Traverse City, and your work!
966 days ago, 11:54am | by MC | Report Comment
Sounds like a great opportunity for you! Best of luck, Rebecca.
953 days ago, 4:58pm | by Melissa | Report Comment
Love your energy and accomplishments! Such great news from a young and powerful rising star--thanks for all you do for MLUI and the world!