Gov. Snyder's State of the State Viewing and Letter
Governor expected to tackle energy in address
Clean Energy | January 9, 2014 | By Brian Beauchamp
- Kenneth A.,: "Clean Energy" is Progressive Double Speak for taxpayer subsidized National Socialists pandering in the Lansing bubble for reams of OUR private wealth by statutory decree. The Federal Energy Securi...
- Christine Pardee: Michigan needs to be a leader in clean energy policy based on factual information. As we rebuild our economy. let our growth be based on energy policy that will be good for our future! ...
- Mike Tiedeck: A free market conservative culture embraces "creative destruction". This means that old, inefficient, polluting industries and power systems are inevitably doomed. Our state can be a leader in energ...
- Rob DeLay: Green roof projects for Michigan must include opportunities for individual homeowners,not just multi-home landholders. In particular, benefits and loan opps for farmers should be a high priority. Just...
- Sad but True: This gas plant in Holland is a good thing, but it is also should be a reminder that energy is complicated and requires a mix of generation assets. The real sad thing is that we as a country allowed t...
|Gov. Snyder's Nov. 28 special message on energy and the environment indicated strong support for efficiency and discussions about renewables. We're hoping for some more specifics in his Jan. 16, 2014, State of the State address.|
Gov. Rick Snyder will be presenting his annual State of the State Address on Thursday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. The three major topics he plans to focus on are mental health, seniors, and ENERGY!
This comes as no surprise, given the energy forums that the governor's office hosted around the state last year—including the April 22 forum here in Traverse City—seeking input on energy issues facing the state.
The speech offers us an opportunity, given our interest in having a positive impact on state policy that supports the good work we are engaged with in northwest Michigan, to publicly acknowledge this landmark event and provide collective feedback both before and after the address.
So, MLUI would like to offer two opportunities:
1. Share your thoughts: Below is a letter that MLUI penned and that we plan on sending to the governor's office early next week before his address. Please feel free to use it to craft your own message to Gov. Snyder in support of a clean energy future for Michigan. You can submit comments via his website.
2. Party on! MLUI is hosting a viewing party of the governor's address next Thursday at our office. We will provide some light refreshments and libations. Our intent is to compile an immediate reaction from everyone on what is said about energy policy during the address. So, please let us know and RSVP if you will be able to join us.
Letter to Gov. Snyder